Crispy-Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies
– 2 1/4 cups AP flour
– 1 1/4 tsp salt
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 2 tsps vanilla extract
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Pour glass of wine. This is how all recipes should begin.
2. Whisk flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop scant tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown around the edges but still light in the center, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
5. Don’t forget to finish the wine.